February 19, 2013

Creative Challenge ~ Thingamajig ~ Whose Name Is Unknown

Whose Name Is Unknown


It was at that age …
poetry arrived in search of me.
I didn't know, I didn't know where he came from,
from winter or a river?

I didn't know how or when,
He was not from voices, not from words
nor was he from - silence;
but from a street I was familiar,
from the branches of night.

He came without a face,
and he touched me...
I wrote the first line,
A line without pretense - pure.

I did not know what to say, 
I wheeled with the stars,
my heart broke loose on the wind.
---
I had no way with his name.
/ Pablo Neruda /


Lisbon night.  Jan, 2013

17 comments:

  1. now that is a wonderful write for a word unfamiliar to you...excellent, Sophie

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie, after long time, I see you writing verses again.
    I select this poem to reply your photo, tell me if you like it or not?


    I'm happiest when most away,
    I can bear my soul from its home of clay;
    On a windy night when the moon is bright,
    And the eye can wander through worlds of light.

    When I am not and none beside,
    Nor earth nor sea nor cloudless sky;
    But only spirit wandering wide;
    Through infinite immensity.

    /Emily Brontë/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup, Marcel
      I always like Emily Bronte's verses.

      Delete
  4. Unexpected inspiration is a fabulous gift! Beautifully written...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any unexpected happening in our life, always seems to bring inspirations. Don't you think so? :)

      Delete
  5. I really like your different interpretation of the theme, an excellent poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done Sophie. Love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mood of your image! Yes, you are a gifted poet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amalie
      Nice seeing you coming by. :)

      Delete

~ Thank you ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...